Bruschetta pasta - Italian Food
Take the tomato, basil and garlic topping usually used for bruschetta, and add it to pasta instead as a healthy, no-cook sauce that's ready in minutes!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g bavette pasta (or linguine)
- 4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup roughly torn fresh basil
- 2 tbs fresh oregano leaves
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
Meanwhile, combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Allow to stand for 10 minutes to let the flavours infuse. Drain the pasta, then add to the other ingredients and toss to combine.