Curriculum Vitae (CV)
FAMILY NAME: GHOSSEINI
FIRST NAMES: Nouha
DATE OF BIRTH: 2 January, 1959
NATIONALITY: Lebanese and French
CIVIL STATUS: (Female) Married without children
- 1991 Certificate of Specialized Studies in Architecture, instilled: "Architecture, Territories and Landscape - Strategy of intervention" (2 years) - School of Architecture of Versailles, Paris
- § *January 1989 PH.D. - Institute of Urban Design & Planning - Sorbonne University, Paris IV.
- 1986 Certificate of specialized studies in Architecture, instilled: "Oriental Cities" (2 years) - School of Architecture of Versailles, Paris.
- 1986 Certificate of Specialized Studies in Architecture, instilled: "The Architectural project assisted by the Computer" (2 years) - School of Architecture of Paris, Conflans. Paris.
- 1985 Diploma of Specialized Studies: "Geography & Urban Planning" (1 year) - Sorbonne University, Paris IV.
- 1983 Diploma of Specialized Studies in Architecture (6 years) - Lebanese University, Institute of Fine Arts, Beirut. Graduated First in my class.
- Direction assistant (with Mr. Pierre Donadieu - director) for Doctorate Thesis at Doctorate School in France (ABIES - l'Institut des sciences et industries du Vivant et de l'Environnement (Agro Paris Tech). The student is Miss Nada Chbat. The subject is: "landscape study of dumping garbage areas in Lebanon".
- 2. President of the Federation of "Chouf Souayjani" Municipalities which includes 9 municipalities in the Chouf Caza, since June 2004 till now.
- 3. Mayor of Baakline, since June 2004 till now, and before, elected member of Baakline municipality council (June 1998-May 2004)
- 4. Director of my Consultancy Office(Urban planning and Design - Architecture and Landscape Architecture design and execution)
- 5. .Professor at the Lebanese University since 1992, Responsible of the landscape Architecture department (3eme cycle - Bacc+5, Bacc+7) 2006-2008, Institute of Fine Arts, Lebanese University.
EMPLOYMENT AND RESPONSABILITY RECORD:
Effective 2000: Personal activities:
- Study of Schema Director for three villages in the Chouf Region: Gharifeh, Ainbal & Atrine (Directorate General of Urban Planning)
- Study of Schema Director for three villages in the Chouf Region: Ain Ouzain, Batloun, Khraybeh, (Directorate General of Urban Planning)
- Design of Eco-tourism projects at six Lebanese regions: "Zghorta", Higher Meten, Higher Chouf, Jezzine, Aley and Chouf Souayjani, established for OMSAR and the Delegation of the European commission in Lebanon, within the framework of the programme of Assistance to the Rehabilitation of the Lebanese Administration (ARAL).
- Study of Schema Director for five villages in the Chouf Region: Baadarane, Ammatour, Ain Qani, Khraibeh and Haret Jandal (Directorate General of Urban Planning)
- Study of Schema Directeur for two villages: Niha and Bater (Directorate General of Urban Planning)
- Study of Baakleen Schema Director (Directorate General of Urban Planning)
- Design of University Building (AUCE) at Baakline (under study)
- Design of Mawarid Building at Hamra quarter (under study).
- Restoration of Villa & Garden construction for Mr. Selim KHEIR-EDDINE - Sawfar - 10,000 m2 (Design & Execution)...
- Restoration of Fontana Building (for EL-MAWARID Bank (Hamra Branch)) -Hamra- Beirut (Design & Execution).
- Restoration of Villa Mr. Ahmad El-GHANNAM - Falougha (Design & Execution).
- Pubic Garden of "Saint-Georges-El-Batieh" - Jounieh. 5,500 m2. (Design & Execution).
- Private Garden of Villa Mr. W. TAJ-EDDINE - Baadarane 9,000 m2 (Design).
- Private Garden of Villa Mr. MASRI - Salima 7,000 m2 (Design).
1998 - 2004 : An Elected Member of the Municipal Council of Baakleen (15,000 residents).
May 15, 1994 -January 2000: Employed by SOLIDERE Company in the Town Planning Department (Landscape section Manager), Participation in the preparation of the Landscape Framework of Beirut Central District (BCD), as well as the designing & the management of construction of several gardens, squares and streets of the BCD, especially the Roman Thermaes gardens, near the "grand Serail".
Effective 1999: Participation in several conferences concerning the municipality rules, laws, local development, etc...with UNDP, the World Bank, Euro-Mediterranean cities, "Association des Maires des grandes villes de France", etc.
1991-1999: Participation in several colloquiums and conferences in "Tours" and "Toulouse", organized by URBAMA-CNRS (Centre National de Recherches Scientifiques)-France. The subject of these conferences was: "Small and medium size cities in the Arab world".
The studies of the above mentioned colloquiums were published in one of the publications of "Cahiers d'URBAMA", under the title of "L'Urbanisation au Machreq: du monde rural aux villes moyennes".
Effective 1992: A Professor at the Lebanese University (Institute of Fine Arts).
1989-1992: Architect in several Architectural Offices in Paris: Participated in the project of the "Très Grande Bibliothèque de France" (Dec. 1990 - Mars 1992), "Dominique PERAULT Office". (Site: 7.5 Ha, Esplanade: 60000m², Garden: 17 000m², Built-up area: 290 000m²).
Effective 1984: An Architect member of the Order of Engineers & Architects of Beirut under the number 6950, dated 12/01/1984.
1983-1984: Assistant-designer at the Office of SAAD KHALED Architect- Urban Designer, Beirut.
1979-1981: Assistant-designer at the Office of Edgar BALI Interior Architect- Designer, Beirut.
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban Planning
- Urban Design
- Administrative Deconcentration and Administrative Decentralisation
- Municipal concept and Management.
- Local development
- Durable development
Arabic: fluent in speaking and in writing.
French: fluent in speaking and in writing
English: fair in speaking and in writing
Municipality of Baakline - Caza of Chouf - Lebanon
Tel mobile: 00961 3 634331 - Tel pers.: 00961 5 302123 - 303123
Tel municipality: 00961 5 300528 - Fax: 00961 5 306016
Tel Federation : 00961 5 303188 - fax: 00961 5 304340